Lake Maroon, 12-14 Dec. 2008 (late report)

EMP

:) As early as October of last year, I had planned for our Maroon trip. And it was all worth the wait.

Around lunchtime on the 12th, I headed out to the water, landbased by myself. I couldn't believe how many bass I caught (at least by my standards, I convinced myself I caught a lot on this day). I got at least 15 that afternoon, keeping one and letting every single one go. Spinnerbait was used to part the rather murky water.

Second day- very little fishing done. The only time I got for myself was about an hour late arvy. No bass. But aided by the live worm I got, caught a few tandanus and a turtle.

3rd day- we ate fried chook and that was pretty much it.

My general impression of Lake Maroon is that it is quite serene. The ambience is amazingly beautiful. The nocturnals are all over the place.There was no phone signal to bother us so it was a big bonus.

I wish the bass were bigger. :)

EMP

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, James, I was landbased. They wouldn't stop biting and I had a blast of a session. I'm just not sure when we would go back. Work suxxx, you know.

We stayed at the Holiday, Ray. It was fully equipped and particularly convenient for the bush-naive folks like me.

Thanks again. ;)

EMP

Archived