Maroochy River/Maroochydore

Gad

Hi All,

Going up to Maroochydore with family for the first week in October,staying at Maroochy River Bungalows,on Eudlo Creek/Maroochy river.Have not fished this area before.

Would greatly appreciate,anyone local up that way,giving out a generalisation of fishing in the region,live bait gathering areas(castnet),yabbie banks.

I`m not after spot x`s,just a general idea of the area that I can work a plan or two from.

Thanks

Gad

Nice spot mate for a holieday there are lots of places up that way that fish well .Out the front towards the bar area there drifting around with sp and worms you can get yourself a good feed.Also theres the bridge and cod hole there which at night will bring you a few bream ect.Have a good one mate.

cheers sean

Gad,

I took the family there last year before I got the boat. Caught some fun sized bream and flatties from the beach in front of the bungalows. We saw a lot of boat owners come back with fish and crabs saying there are lots of spots out near the bridge that held good fish. We've booked a few nights in December and taking the tinnie this time to hit some spots too. It's a great family spot with lots of facilities. Have fun and put in a report when you get back if you can.

Thanks guys,taking the tinnie and crab pots up,petrie and eudlo creeks look interesting for pots.only concern is how busy the river traffic was over the school holidays.We get there on the last w/end of the holidays

Thanks again for the info, muchly appreciated.

cheers

Gad

Archived