Mooloolaba Weekend

MoparKevUk

Went up to Mooloolaba for the weekend and had a fab time! After being smashed about in the surf all day I popped out for an evening fish on a tiny bit of beach between rocks in front of the caravan park. Had my light gear with 6lb braid and some squid. Lost my leader pretty quickly so just tied the hook on the braid. Caught 4 of these, looked around the 'Net for an ID and the nearest is Nurse Shark. Is it? Or a small imitation? Bit disappointed as they didn't seem to have any fight, all 4 were returned safely.

f1-1.jpg

f2-1.jpg

Next Arvo popped up to the motorway bridge over the Maroochy, but the tides were wrong :S and I didn't have any luck with my HBs/SPs, just a few knocks, but "spotted" this Leopard Ray cruising which was nice!

ray.jpg

That evening going out for dinner I spotted a dyslexic Valiant......

val.jpg

(It's spelt wrong for any dyslexics on here......;) )

This morning was the big one! My first hire of a boat and taking the Missus and Boy out. Off we went to Swan Boat Hire to get a half cab........8hp!!! I spent the first hour checking it was definitely on full chat and making sure the cable wasn't slack, but yes, that was all it was capable of!! Went down the Maroochy and got a Moses Perch under the bridge, but today was mainly cruising to get the Missus and Boy turned onto boating. Came back up the River and round by the apartments as the tide got lower and lower......Time to head back and I thought I could get round the bottom of the Island back to Swan......Clunk, crunch, sand bar ahoy! Trimmed the motor up and ploughed back towards the channel.......You've guessed it! Stuck Fast 2m from the channel! Threw the missus and boy out, still no go. Between us we managed to push it a few feet, then dug a channel for it with the oar, then it just got wedged. A nice bloke who looked like someone out of the Chili Peppers waded out, but we still couldn't budge it. In the end I phoned Swan and they sent someone out who shifted it round and back and out and round to get it in the deep water. Suitably chastised we followed him back to Swan Hire! We were about an hour late, but I still got the deposit back and wasn't charged for all the hassle! Sweet! Another great story of my life and times in Oz!!! B)

Feel free to fully take the piss!!! :kiss:

PS The missus and boy enjoyed the trip immensely, even the getting stuck bit. Although when I eventually get a boat I may have to name it after what my missus called me when we were back on dry land........"COCKHEAD!" :fishing:

MoparKevUk wrote:

PS The missus and boy enjoyed the trip immensely, even the getting stuck bit. Although when I eventually get a boat I may have to name it after what my missus called me when we were back on dry land........"****!" :fishing:

Now that's a winner right there Kev. I laughed and enjoyed your report mate and I have nothing those little Sharks

MoparKevUk wrote:

.....Time to head back and I thought I could get round the bottom of the Island back to Swan......Clunk, crunch, sand bar ahoy! Trimmed the motor up and ploughed back towards the channel.......You've guessed it! Stuck Fast 2m from the channel!... Sweet! Another great story of my life and times in Oz!!! B)

Feel free to fully take the piss!!! :kiss: :fishing:

Don`t worry about it PK,we`ve all done it at sometime/somewhere.

Actually, many years ago thats how I use to discover some saltwater yabby banks,when boating/fishing in new areas. :laugh:

Archived