hervey bay, Woodgate Beach, Urangan Pier fishing

fishingfon

Hi everyone, this Christmas i am heading up to Woodgate Beach, Hervey bay, for 4 days, to try and get some sharks (around the metre mark), Mackerel, Tuner, Trevally, Turrum, and any fish over a few kg, can anyone recommend any good spots for the above fish, and also i was planning to fish Urangan Pier for a day as well for Mackerel, Tuner, Golden Trevally, Turrum, and any fish over 2kg

Can you also tell me what bait is best, what rig to use, and that kind of thing

Thanks Warm Regards Corey

dude,i did that exact schedule the weekend just gone.Woodgate sharks are everywhere,got smashed up there on the weekend near the river mouth.And urangan pier,u will find all them fish.We caught 3 goldens in about an hour a while back,last weekend a guy caught a massive GT and people were cleaning up on mac tuna.Floating livies and sinking them,all seems to work..

matt

mate i lived the for 20 yrs nd i suggest hitting the pier day and night, during the day ull get ur mackerel, tuna, trevallys, ect, use live herring for bait or throw plastics around or metal sppons, at nite ull see a lot of guys going for squid with gas lanturns down near the water, try get a spuid nd put it on whole, u get good size fish there at night, ect queenies, barra, tarpon, sharks

Ok thanks everyone, sounds like a great place, I don’t supposes any of you can tell me what lures are best for the fish i said as well as small GT in the day and what lures should i use at night for queenies, barra, tarpon ect. What tides are best. if i can’t get any live bait what dead bait to use. and where should i cast.

Thanks Warm Regards Corey

Archived