awsom trip murry fishin

madmullet

arriving in deepwater to a chillie 10 degrees at 3.30 in the morning wasnt the best start to hoping out of the car. we set to putting reels on our rods, making leaders up and then contomplating what lure to put on.

sun rise quickly came with a chillie5-8knt westerly. with for rising of the water and small rises from fish it was looking to be a good day.

post-8878-144598594582_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598594589_thumb.jpg

we started fishing and on my approx 30th cast, bang and a quick whistle of brain of my tierra, a few good head shakes and up come the first cod for the trip coming in at around 45-50cm.

post-8878-144598594593_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598594598_thumb.jpg

After many more casts with no luck, we ended up on one of the properities that i no the owners.

post-8878-144598594602_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598594608_thumb.jpg

First cast at the new spot and bang, on the float down, the 1olb braid sung of the kixs reel and a back and forth battle for about 3 mins and up comes another 45-50cm cod.

30 cast later out wizzis a god spinner bait. Let it go to the bottom and started retrieving and the spinner bait didn’t feel right so i pulled it in and blow me down it got smosh big time. Wish i had have hook that big fella.

Any way i caught afew more fish before a big storm started rolling in so we call it quits and headed back to camp.......

Day 2

Woke up to a beautiful sunrise, packed up our stuff and headed to our next location on private properity once again. A slow start this morning but finally bagged a fish. My mate by this stage was starting to get the poops i think cause he hadent caught a fish yet and just like me had cast lures all day yesterday, and only got hits a got a turtle. I said to him hang in their and as i said the thump....and a big swirl in the middle of the creek and of goes the tierra braid whistling off it like it was in free spool. It was a back and forth battle for 10mins and suddenly a dull weight...... ow no it got me in a snag. I let it have line hoping it would come out, nope it didn’t so i tried pulling him out as i was using 30lb. Next thing i new a part of an old fense came out of the water, a bit of wire was showing in fact and crack their goes my line. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ow well you win some you loose some.

30 mins past and my mate had given up. As i was walking back to the car i hear a noise like a 10ltr bucktet of water was getting dropped into the water.

I said to him have you finished fishing... ye hi am over it ay, we mate you can either sit in the car or come back down to the water a fish.....ok them. Anyway third cast back in the water a finally he was on, at least he didn’t fin on a donut. A nice 45cm cod. All in all a great 2 days fish with lots of walking and casting done, seen some awsom scenery and spent some quality time away from the city.... hope you enjoyed the post even though it was cut short.... cheers kurt

their is nothing better than walking a deserted river or creek throwing lures around listening to the birds and the odd cow with no noise from traffic and at night bieng able to see all the stars. and to throw in a good sesh.... NOTHING BEATS THAT

I couldn't agree more and what a cracka session, good shiz.

Archived