afo shark social report... good, bad then worse

madmullet

well as planed hit the river at around 10.30 and headed straight over to boggy creek to throw the net. got afew live mullet but not many.

from hear we headed to the poo shoot and on the way ran into faulked ( nice meeting you ) ahd a yarn and gave him some eels and carried on. Got to the poo shoot, and started throwing the net for only 2 herring and 1 prawn. We carried on to our spot set the baits and rods up which consisted of 1 1m eel on the penn inta 80w, 1 2.6kg mack tuna, and two 50cm strips of eel.

At 1.30 i get a txt from my mate up in Harvey bay who is my well was the best man at my wedding saying... HAY DUDE GOT SOME BAD NEWS, BUT COUNT ME OUT, CANT GET THE SUIT FITTING DONE, WONT BE DOWN TO THE WEDDING AT THIS STAGE, WISH U ALL THE BEST.

Talk about riping my heart out at throwing it away. No resion behind it and not evan the curtisey of a phone call so we can arrange something else. Well that put a huge downer on the trip.. i soldered on and just on dusk put out one of the live mullet and 5 mins later zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, hooked it and braught a 70cm bully to the boat.

At around 8.00 i get a phone call from the misses saying... I AM ON MY WAY TO HOSPITAL, I HAVE GOT REALY BAD CHEST PAINS. I pulled all lines in, up anchored and headed back to the ramp pulling into the bp tanker to tell faulked whats going on but he had moved on. Got to the ramp after sittin on about 50mph, load the boat and headed straight for the logan hospital. Got their to find ash on an ecg machine. After hrs of test and no results we left at 6.30-7.00.

I APPLOAGISE TO ALL AFO MEMBERS THAT ATTENDED THE SHARK SOCIAL AND FOR NOT TURNING UP FOR THE CAMPING SESHION.

Chris and rob who were on my boat sorry for the Inconvenience for a short trip…..

Cheers kurt

Mate don't even worry about it. Was awesome just to be out on a boat! I guess it was just one of those days where nothing goes to plan the way you wanted it to. There is always next season for the sharkies! Ilpost my pics up when I get home

The girlfriend and I send our best wishes to Ash and hope that her chest pains were nothing serious.

And best of luck with all your wedding plans

cheers,

Chris

like wise manni

um i wont be sharkin from now until september. rather chase snapper and reefies during winter, plus the sharks thin out quite alot, so i will be looking to take people out fishin in the bay for reefies not shark.

did you end up getting anythink the other night

hi kurt thats some awfull news for you from every direction i hope all works out for the best.

shawn and i fished around the tanker from about 9 till dusk for very little a couple of young fellas pulled up in a tinny one luring the other live baiting i think they caught a decent looking thready which gave us hope for a while

unfortunetely the only shark hits we had were on non wire rods so didnt last to long but you cant win them all

we stayed till about nine at night up boggy creek to avoid the horrid wind we caught a few nice bream and got dusted a couple of times on light line probably cod on the rocks at about nine we had had enough the stove wasnt working and with cooking only food we buggerd off home for a feed and a decent sleep

all in all it was a great day as i was in the boat and not at home on the couch

thanks for the eels kurt hopefully next summer as you say they will get gobbled

i think im going bassing for winter

unless theres some deckie spots on the right days :whistle:

good to meet the mad mullet crew i hope to get to know you all better next time

jason

awsom jason. um some advise i can give you is next time use a cirlce hook and you will more than likely jaw hook it. where you guys were looked very fishy at night. i will be heading their for sure to chase some jew this winter. with all that lighting their should be some good fish.

bit of a bad run there kurt. good to hear that the missus is okay, she knew the signs erred on the side of caution. also poor form from old mate, i'm sure we all know of someone like that at least once in our lives and move on for the better.

like wise manni

um i wont be sharkin from now until september. rather chase snapper and reefies during winter, plus the sharks thin out quite alot, so i will be looking to take people out fishin in the bay for reefies not shark.

Nah mate big donut for me, a couple of the other boys got a couple bream, cod and flatty i think but was pretty quiet!!

Was still good to get out and have a flick

like wise manni

Nah mate big donut for me, a couple of the other boys got a couple bream, cod and flatty i think but was pretty quiet!!

Was still good to get out and have a flick

thats it, atleast you got out

glad to hear the mrs is alright mate.....absolutely terrible form from old mate.....ya just cant do that....especially without reason.......hope it all pans out alright mate......be good to put togeather a few bay trips over winter targeting reefies....get a few boats on the go.....

glad to hear the mrs is alright mate.....absolutely terrible form from old mate.....ya just cant do that....especially without reason.......hope it all pans out alright mate......be good to put togeather a few bay trips over winter targeting reefies....get a few boats on the go.....

very true at least the weather is more pradictable

Bugger ,, your not having much luck ,

Glad to hear your missus is on the mend ,sounds like a sensible lady getting off to the Hospital straight away ..hopefully the results from the tests are all good

, maybe your mate was just fooling around with a text like that .you know ,, bit of pi$$ fun.

or has a good excuse ,,

hey kurt, sorry to hear about your best man deciding to univite himself to ur wedding via text... must of been a hard one to swallow to say the least

Scary stuff with your girlfriend, sudden chest pain is never good I'm glad she got down to the hospital right away, even if no results came up. I hope she's feeling better now. You'll have to do the cooking and cleaning for a while so she can take it easy :P

Cheers for taking us out Kurt, although things didnt go as planned and the bad news of bestman and girlfriend I still enjoyed myself and learnt abit more and very much appreciated the chance to get

out on the boat with you. All the best to your missus, chest pains are pretty scary stuff. It was nice meeting you Chris and enjoyed fishing wth ya. Will have to do it again soon. Thanks Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived