report from peel 6/5/11

madmullet

well it all started when i put a going fishing notice up and free spot on my boat.

phoenixx was first to reply back to me so i gave him a time and place to meet

2.oo quickly came and i hound myself down at raby bay boat ramp introducing myself to phoenixx and having a good old chin wag. time was getting on so i reversed the traiuler down and drove the boat off.

the report at this stage wasnt looking good with 2o-25 sth-sth/est predicted and it showed at the rapm as well with only one other trailer their.

our plan was to get some livies first up then have a quick flick as the sun was dissappering and then anchor up a burligh.

the trip across the bay to horse shoe bay was choppy, around the .4m with the odd .7m so i could still sit on the plain without bashing my boat to bits.

we got to horse shoe by around 4.00 and went to turn the sounder on to find the bait, and guess what i left it at home ( good one kurt you #### ###d ) so i started round abouts where i get the bait, and the bait being pike. we driftee and flicked plastics and blades for around 1hr for only 3 grinner and 3 whiting. so 5.00 was upon us so i said we will head around no hanlon for a very quick flick. with only afew didler squire and fish that bite just the tail off i decided to ac=nchor up at my trusty spot, thank god i didnt need the sounder for my spot as i line up afew becons and a land mark.

anyway we started burlighing and i let phoenixx have all the biger baits. anyway we were getting alot of undersize and just legal ( but throw backs ) squire and sweeties when phoenixx rod went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz he picked it up and struck and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off it went, he turned it pritty quick but after about 1 min of the fish being on he lost it due to abbrasions in the line.

we carried on fishing and around 1hr later the grinner he put out went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz he picked his rod up and struck it took a quick burst of line zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz he got 2 winds back and then it headed for the hilss zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and after 1min of constint 50lb braid peeling off the reel it bit him off. ( shark )

i had at all times a pillie under a balloon for some flake.

around 1.00 in the morn we had just about ran out of bait and were sick of catching small fish we called it quits and headed home across a very calm bay ( strong winds didnt eventuale ) with 3 good tailor and 2 reefies. i kept 1 shark and gave the 3 tailor and 1 shark to phoenixx. hope you enjoyed your feed and had a really good time.

till next time cheers for reading kurt

Absolute pleasure fishing with you Kurt. Learnt heaps and had a great time.

went out the morning after and spent close to $100 on circle hooks and gave all my old J hooks to a mate.

Would recommend anyone that has the opportunity to fish with Kurt to jump at the chance.

Hope to do it again soon mate.

Absolute pleasure fishing with you Kurt. Learnt heaps and had a great time.

went out the morning after and spent close to $100 on circle hooks and gave all my old J hooks to a mate.

Would recommend anyone that has the opportunity to fish with Kurt to jump at the chance.

Hope to do it again soon mate.

thank you very much mate. we will def do it again and thnks very much for your contribution. 31l for all that traveling

Archived