An Australian Moves To Canada……

Gad

10 January: It is 1800hrs. It is starting to snow - the first snow of the season and the first we have ever seen. The wife and I took our hot buttered buns and sat by the picture window watching the white fluffy flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground - It was BEAUTIFUL!!

11 January: We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Every tree and bush covered in a beautiful white mantle. I shovelled snow for the first time ever, and loved it. I did both the driveway and the sidewalk. Later in the morning a city snowplough came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shovelled it again.

12 January: It snowed an additional 8 inches last night, and the temperature has dropped to about one degree. Several branches on the bushes snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shovelled the driveway again. Shortly afterwards the snowplough came back and pulled his trick again. Now much of the snow is brownish-grey.

13 January: It warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which will soon become pure ice when the temperature drops again. Bought new snow tyres for both cars. Fell on my arce in the driveway.$145 to the chiropractor but nothing broken. More snow and ice expected.

14 January: Still cold as hell. Sold the wife's car and bought a 4X4 in order to get her to work. Slid into a guardrail and did considerable damage to the right rear side of the 4X4. Had another 8 inches of white crap last night. Both vehicles are covered in salt and crud. More shoveling in store for me today. That goddam snowplough came by twice today!

15 January: It is minus 2 friggin degrees outside. More friggin snow. Not a tree on a property which hasn't been damaged. Power was off for most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater which tipped over and nearly burned the friggin house down. I managed to put the fire out but suffered second degree burns on my hands and lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. The car slid off the road on the way to the emergency department and was totally written off.

16 January: Miserable friggin white crap keeps coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to go down to the friggin mailbox.

If I ever catch the sonofabitch that drives the friggin snow plough I'll tear open his chest and rip his heart out. I think he hides 'round the corner and waits until I shovel the friggin driveway…………then he comes. Power is still off. Toilet froze and part of the roof has started to cave in.

17 January: Six more friggin inches of snow and sleet and frig knows what other crap fell last night. I wounded the snow plough arcehole with an ice axe,this morning, but he got away.

Wife left me. Car won't start. I think I'm going snow-blind. I can't feel my friggin toes. I haven't seen the sun in weeks. More white friggin crap predicted. Wind chill minus 10 friggin degrees-

Frig it… I'm going back to Brisbane!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed the read PS...Change the last part from Brisbane to Gold Coast ;):lol:

Kb.. I had to do a great amount of censorship :pinch: on the original wording to keep the story line fit for public reading :) so after that effort, I didn`t give a "Frig" where he went :lol::lol::lol:

Archived