Charge could see Thurston miss Origin III

Gad

What`s your opinion... do you think the totally unbiased judiciary :whistle: will say no case to answer :) blame the ref,case dropped :evil: down grade the charge, 1 match suspension :huh: or unbiasedly rub him out for Origin 3 :pinch:

Edit.. added info for those who missed the charge being laid

Cowboys to fight Thurston

Wayne Heming

12:23 AEST Tue Jun 21 2011

North Queensland officials have notified the NRL judiciary they will challenge charges against superstar halfback Johnathan Thurston on Wednesday night.

The club lodged the necessary paper work before Tuesday's midday deadline.

Thurston will plead not guilty to a grade two contrary conduct charge, threatening to rule him out of next month's deciding State of Origin game after his collision with referee Matt Cecchin at the weekend.

If that fails, he'll then attempt to have the charge downgraded in the hope of being cleared to play in skipper Darren Lockyer's last Origin game.

Thurston, and Cowboys' football manager Peter Parr were forced to fly to Sydney a day earlier than planned because of the uncertainly surrounding flights affected by volcanic ash.

They will meet solicitor Geoff Bellew, who is rushing back from Los Angeles to discuss their defence case with Thurston before Wednesday night's crucial judiciary hearing.

How can they seriously charge him when the video clearly shows his eyes are never on the ref and always on the ball (ie. he prob didn't even know the ref was there and certainly didn't look at him and 'line him up').

Escpecially when you consider Uate got off from that spear tackle and then Gallen didn't even have to face the judiciary for that high hit on Inglis in Origin 2.

My only hope is Thurston gets off (surely he will?????) and this just ends up backfiring on the Blues by causing a man of the match effort from JT and in general provides even more motivation for QLD (we all know that a siege mentality can be a very productive thing).

Bring on Game 3!!!!!!!

How can they seriously charge him when the video clearly shows his eyes are never on the ref and always on the ball (ie. he prob didn't even know the ref was there and certainly didn't look at him and 'line him up').

Escpecially when you consider Uate got off from that spear tackle and then Gallen didn't even have to face the judiciary for that high hit on Inglis in Origin 2.

My only hope is Thurston gets off (surely he will?????) and this just ends up backfiring on the Blues by causing a man of the match effort from JT and in general provides even more motivation for QLD (we all know that a siege mentality can be a very productive thing).

Bring on Game 3!!!!!!!

Sorry for quoting myself!!!!!! But let's all (well, all us Qlders!!) hope that what I hoped would happen does happen. You reckon the boys won't be fired up now - Locky's last game, deciding game on our home turf and now they're silly enough to try and wipe out our star halfback on a ridiculous charge.

I can't wait for the first 5 minutes of the game - it's going to be a cracker (and no school the next day - I hope XXXX have stocked up!!!!!!!!!!).

QLDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite possibly Brian. Although I was thinking of going and camping for a night or two (Wed and Thurs night) down at the Pin. The wife is taking Mon & Tues off so we're painting and doing a few jobs (have a baby due in late Nov so want the house stuff finalised before then) so have got clearance for one night, possibly two, down at the Pin.

Will get back to you over the weekend. What I could do is fish with you Wed night then go down Thursday, back Friday. PM me your mobile number mate.

Quite possibly Brian. Although I was thinking of going and camping for a night or two (Wed and Thurs night) down at the Pin. The wife is taking Mon & Tues off so we're painting and doing a few jobs (have a baby due in late Nov so want the house stuff finalised before then) so have got clearance for one night, possibly two, down at the Pin.

Will get back to you over the weekend. What I could do is fish with you Wed night then go down Thursday, back Friday. PM me your mobile number mate.

:blush: Oops, that joke backfired :pinch: :lol:

I am still keen to have a fish with you though, so maybe not all is lost :unsure: Number sent.

Thurston cleared to play ! Now NSW to beat QLD with full strength team :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good on ya Manni keep beating the drum. :) dream the dream :cheer:

Yeah mate, goota keep the dream alive haha

I`m relying on you :) haven`t heard any great input from dassa,(on this subject) since Game 1, :pinch: he must be dumb founded and still recovering from the Game 2 shock result

:lol::lol::lol:

:blush: Oops, that joke backfired :pinch: :lol:

I am still keen to have a fish with you though, so maybe not all is lost :unsure: Number sent.

Hahahaha, can't believe I didn't pick up on the intended joke until reading back through the post just now. I'm just that keen for you to show me how to catch an EP mate!!!!!!

Archived