did a 12hr today

dreeze

it was an excellent day out there and the water was super calm and super clear.

i could see whiting in the surf as well as sheepshead which i could touch with my hand.

today was the day although the bite remained dead until the late afternoon. while i was sitting on my cooler and swimming in the water i saw a mega school of tarpon busting

bait off the beach. they did this most of the afternoon and the 10'000's of mullet showed up

just hugging the beach away from predators. but speaking of sharks.... i accidentally hooked two on the lightest rod and reel i brought which of course broke free from the hook. as evening approached i hooked another tip on the 6/0 but the weed whacker some how broke in half about the crimp.

then no sooner after i rigged up and sent another bait out my 50 wide goes out steadily.

i didn't get it a chance to eat the bait(why i dont know) but then my 6/0 gets line peeling off fast. i was blessed that i didn't hook that beast(bull, tiger, lemon) or else my rod would of flown into the ocean. so after 7 minutes i get the fish in and it was a black tip.

i not feeling totally blown but at least i got something in. maybe one day this year I'll land another bigger shark.

e0r153.jpg

lost another monster shark that hit this bait.

5y9hra.jpg

Archived