Sharks

madmullet

Just see on channel 9 about rhey have caught and neted 300+ sharks this yrs around the coast and they are saying to be extra carefull due to such high numbers and to watch where u swim.

Now on the other hand just resently they were saying that sharks are a deminishing species and thats why sharking laws were bought in.

So whar is it are they a deminishing species or should we avoid the water dye to such hugh numbers...

Sirry about the spelling and si in. it was done from my phone

ryan,

most sharks over 1.6mtrs start getting sigatera (spelling) in the flesh so not good for eatin.what would you do with a shark that big anyway

not always to eat but i mean most people want shark jaws, im not saying just kill the shark for its jaws, im not in for killing something just for its jaws etc, but i know people that use sharks under 1.6 in the northern territory for putting poison in the flesh and using them as dingo baits, feral cat baits and pig baits, and they struggle to get enough shark meat to do a good enough job, like if they get a shark thats 250kg thats alot of meat and that means they can help reduce the feral animal rate on their property

I didnt know there was any recording of ciguatera poisoning by sharks from Australian waters.

We have more chance of getting it from cobia here than from sharks.

I know from a commercial level we never had any warnings issued over shark meat,all we had was the mercury issue which was later removed because there was little risk of mercury poisoning occuring.

Just see on channel 9 about rhey have caught and neted 300+ sharks this yrs around the coast and they are saying to be extra carefull due to such high numbers and to watch where u swim.

Now on the other hand just resently they were saying that sharks are a deminishing species and thats why sharking laws were bought in.

So whar is it are they a deminishing species or should we avoid the water dye to such hugh numbers...

channel 9 probably got their research information off the king of scientific data facts Minister for Fisheries Craig Wallace,after all he knows theres a lot more snapper out there now than there was in February

channel 9 probably got their research information off the king of scientific data facts Minister for Fisheries Craig Wallace,after all he knows theres a lot more snapper out there now than there was in February

very true, it peevs me off so much, they put the laws down thinking they will help, but they do it half ass

Archived