a quickie close to home ( carp )

madmullet

well i got home at 4.30 yesturday and as i was driving into my yard, the presents of the boat not being their due to it being at arnolds fibreglass got to me. i was hanging for a fish, and i needed to be satisfied.

i unlocked the house and got acouple of rods, floatsbread ect, put them in the car and then went upstairs and got the dogs leads. as soon as they heard the tinkle on=f their leads they went beserk, howling and barking and carring on like pork chops.

with them happy with themselves going for a ride, their was joy and excitement in the air. we got in the car and headed off. not 2mins later we were their, walked all of 50m to the water and in no time at all their were 2 rods ready to go.

the rig i was using was a pencil float and 1 full rod length of 4lb black magic and a 12 mustard viking hook with a marble sized dough ball on it.

i stared throwing matchstick sized dough balss around the floats for burleigh. 20 mins had passed and mako and domino ( my 2 staffies ) were siting on the bank watching over the water waiting in antisipation. out of the corner of my eye i see the float bobble twice. i picked up the rod waiting for a good take, the float everso slowly dissapered under the water and i struck. well my little pflueger reel spooled with 3lb cristle matched to a im7 dropshot screemed of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and the fish took about 30-40m of line before turning and slowly coming back in. a good solid fight that lasted 5-6mins and up pops a nice big fat carp. as i had no net, i comfort lifted it and then took afew snaps and gave it to the dogs, ( yum yum ) :sick: :sick: .

i also got some vid of it but i need to get it off my mobile, but dont no how as yet.

i checked my knots and hook, rebaited and flicked it back out and waited. around 2 mins later on my other rod, a 3000 kix match to a berkly soron stx rod, i saw the float disappear, i jumped up and struck, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz then nothing, bugga ############# wound it back in and the hook straightened at this stage it was getting dark, so i packed up and took the dogs home and put the carp in the vegi garden.

not a bad sesh for a quickie

post-8878-144598678196_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678201_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678208_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678216_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678222_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678229_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598678238_thumb.jpg

You sound like you need a trip out on the river. I was looking at the weather for Fri night it looks spot on. Low tide at about 5pm only 1.2m between low and high, couple of days after the full moon and no wind 3nt ssw. should be able to hit the boat ramp on Kirra st Pinkemba around 4pm if you want to come your welcome to.

You sound like you need a trip out on the river. I was looking at the weather for Fri night it looks spot on. Low tide at about 5pm only 1.2m between low and high, couple of days after the full moon and no wind 3nt ssw. should be able to hit the boat ramp on Kirra st Pinkemba around 4pm if you want to come your welcome to.

mate i would love to, but i am heading away friday to go hunting with acouple mates, next time for sure....

Archived