SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND

Gad

There are seperate 2 Storm cells moving from the South West,that at the moment are on the radar lining up with the Gold Coast - Ipswich - Brisbane - Redcliffe areas.

Some of the weather sites are listing these as potentially dangerous.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING - SOUTHEAST QUEENSLAND

for DAMAGING WIND and LARGE HAILSTONES

For people in the

\

SOUTHERN DOWNS and parts of the

LOCKYER VALLEY,

SCENIC RIM and

TOOWOOMBA Council Areas.

Issued at 2:08 pm Saturday, 15 October 2011.

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, a very dangerous severe thunderstorm was detected on weather radar to the south of Milmerran. This thunderstorms is moving towards the east. It is forecast to affect Leyburn and Ellangowan by 2:35 pm.

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Dalveen. They are forecast to affect the area south of Warwick by 2:35 pm and Warwick, tKillarney and Murray Bridge by 3:05 pm.

Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.

Emergency Management Queensland advises that people should:

* Move your car under cover or away from trees.

* Secure loose outdoor items.

* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.

* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.

* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.

* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.

The next warning is due to be issued by 3:10 pm.

A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast districts.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Emergency Management Queensland would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

I`m at Silkstone,Ippy, had a lot of wind gusts,a little rain with large rain drops.The sky around us looked very vicious at times, so some areas got the hail and rain and wind.

Seems to be a lot of little storm cells popping up all over the place, south, south west,north west, this event may go on into the evening.

BoM is still updating the warnings even though their a bit slow

Stay safe folks

Had my first session this arvo/evening, after being away for a month. The weather turned the bass on.....cool.

Thats why I went out yesterday - was 'meant' to be building to a thunderstorm midday/early arvo - bass were hitting surface until mid morning!

now that you're back, ant and I are heading out next sat and/or sunday, and I'll be heading out either wednesday thursday and/or friday - you keen?

i saw i coming towards the gold coast while i was fishin the nerang river, i wasent goint to make it back to the ramp so i hedded to the monaco st bridge to ride it out.When it hit all hell broke loose the anchor wouldent hold so had to nose into the wind ,mine you it was 100kmh+ while trying to dodge plastic furniture and branches i was shittin my pants. another fellow fisher man crashed his tinny up on to the rocks and took shelter right up under the bridge......

Archived