Tying braided line to fluorocarbon leader???

saundma

Recently I have been doing a bit of bass fishing, Everything is working well except for the knot I use to attach my 15LB Fluro leader to 10LB braid. Its cost me quiet a few lures now and really need some help. I have been using the "albright" knot and really want to try something different.

So my question is what is the best way to attach braided line to fluorocarbon leader without using swivels??

Sorry if this has already been covered and thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

G'day matt. Try a "slim beauty". I have been bass fishing a lot lately too, caught some crackers on 8lb braid with 10lb leader. Got a 55cm the other day and the slim beauty never let's me down. Just remember to use about 10 to 12 turns each way when whapping you braid around the leader. Good luck

I went to the slim beauty not too long ago, but went to tie it the other day and had forgotten how (had a stint with work with next to no fishing) ha ha ha!!! I find the albright knot to be a great knot. The only time it messes me around is when the braid is old, or when I am tying uber light line...although this could just be my ham fingers lol.

Hi guys, here's one for everybody who is blind as a bat like me and needs an easy knot to tie, it's called a twisted leader knot.

Simply twist the braid around the leader anything from 12 to 20 times depending on how big a fish your targeting, then form a loop with the twisted section and pull the leader and tag end of the braid though the loop 3 times.

Moisten and tighten, trim tag ends, good knot easy to tie and wont let you down, cheers wayne

I went to the slim beauty not too long ago, but went to tie it the other day and had forgotten how (had a stint with work with next to no fishing) ha ha ha!!! I find the albright knot to be a great knot. The only time it messes me around is when the braid is old, or when I am tying uber light line...although this could just be my ham fingers lol.

Hahahaha, do you want me to show you how mate? :P

I am suprised to hear you don't like the Albreight, I swear by the Albreight knot, it casts through the eyes better than a double uni but if I have to redo a knot on the yak I go the double uni, its piss easy! Just be sure to cut the mono side really short otherwise it will clunk like crazy through the eyes.

I am going to give the slim beuty a go....

albreight not for me. i do this knot if i cant be bothered or havent got the gear to do a wind on leader. i join 80lb braid to 130lb leaderand i have never never had any problems with it and that being run over penn inta 80w's so it's pulling some serious drag.

also i use this knot on all leader joining, whether it is using 3lb to chase bullies, bass, bream or whatever or up to the big stuff

and remember when your braid is lighter than the leader, 90% of the time the light line will break.

things to keep in mind, how old is your braid, is their any tiny freys in it ect

Archived