Not happy

madmullet

As i write this i am fishing near the poo shoot and have been the only boat hear for acouple of hrs. Next thing i know is some knob jockey drops his anchor no more than 20m of my transom, i had a go at hom and all i got was silence.

What the...............!!!!!!'

What are people thinking when the do this??????

Now i am trying to keep my cool, they are just lucky i aint in my boat other wise i would pull anchor, motor over their, teim my motor rite up so the prop is just under water and give the mighty 200 suzie a boot full and drown them and their boat.

Grrrrrrrrrrrtttt, not happy jan :angry:

I know how you feel mate. School of macks i was working on other day got ruined by few boats in rainbow so i left it n went in middle of bay hooked on few n next thing i know same group of boats motor on to fish. Spooked all fish. Glad i atleast landed 5

Goodluck il probaly see you when i head out in morning. Finishing work soon boats all ready to go

I think all 3 that have responded are on the money.

However these are the things we inevitably have to deal with. So here is my tip to ease the pain.

Pretend you are an angry rhinoceros and look at the offenders and let out a very loud, angry bellow. Then do it again straight after, only for about 1/4 of the time. Turn away, sit down and drop your chin to your chest and whilst shaking your head make a horse noise.

The people will move shortly afterwards. If they don't it wont matter anyway because you will be laughing at yourself and the world will be turning. Light a smoke and just get on with what you were doing.

Good luck Kurt :lol:

I think all 3 that have responded are on the money.

However these are the things we inevitably have to deal with. So here is my tip to ease the pain.

Pretend you are an angry rhinoceros and look at the offenders and let out a very loud, angry bellow. Then do it again straight after, only for about 1/4 of the time. Turn away, sit down and drop your chin to your chest and whilst shaking your head make a horse noise.

The people will move shortly afterwards. If they don't it wont matter anyway because you will be laughing at yourself and the world will be turning. Light a smoke and just get on with what you were doing.

Good luck Kurt :lol:

I will pay that one. :silly: :lol:

I wish I was heading out earlier mate I would have done the same to him, except Id say "Mate rather than anchor really close to you and risk you damaging my anchor rope, here's my anchor, stick it in your boat somewhere and I'll let you know when Im leaving so you can give it back... :):) Remember when we were out the other night and those idiots did the same thing except first the decided to drive right across our lines first.. yeah... If I could sell common sense on ebay around christmas there would be a lot of people buying it as gifts for people like this because we all know that they would not think they needed it..

Yeah that sux Kurt - hope you continued catching a few while they got nothing. By the way - what did you catch? (I'm predicting jewie amongst them ...).

I was there quite a few months ago in my tinny and these clowns were anchored up 15m from the pipes at the poop schute right in the flowing water - made it almost impossible for me by myself with my tiller steer motor to idle up, throw the cast net, retrieve it before avoiding crashing into them. Eventually managed to anchor just beside it as was the only way to get some livies.

As i write this i am fishing near the poo shoot and have been the only boat hear for acouple of hrs. Next thing i know is some knob jockey drops his anchor no more than 20m of my transom, i had a go at hom and all i got was silence.

What the...............!!!!!!'

What are people thinking when the do this??????

Now i am trying to keep my cool, they are just lucky i aint in my boat other wise i would pull anchor, motor over their, teim my motor rite up so the prop is just under water and give the mighty 200 suzie a boot full and drown them and their boat.

Grrrrrrrrrrrtttt, not happy jan :angry:

love your style

Mate that just sucks, there are plenty of good boaties out there but there are also some real idiots.

About a month ago a mate and i were fishing from land and a boat saw us fishing off the bank and decided to drop anchor 2 meters right in front of us... real idiots... needless to say nobody caught anything after that.

Mate that just sucks, there are plenty of good boaties out there but there are also some real idiots.

About a month ago a mate and i were fishing from land and a boat saw us fishing off the bank and decided to drop anchor 2 meters right in front of us... real idiots... needless to say nobody caught anything after that.

I was getting good fish untillhe did that and it shut down the whole joint untill they moved

On the reef up north I used to pull the cowl off the motor when fishing a few marks in close and when a boat was hB lining towards us we'd get all the rods in the boat and pretend as if we were trying to fix something. 9 times out of 10 as soon as they saw the cowl off and thought you were in trouble they would quickly make a course correction in another direction. They dont mind taking your marks but aren't too keen to give you a tow.

On the reef up north I used to pull the cowl off the motor when fishing a few marks in close and when a boat was hB lining towards us we'd get all the rods in the boat and pretend as if we were trying to fix something. 9 times out of 10 as soon as they saw the cowl off and thought you were in trouble they would quickly make a course correction in another direction. They dont mind taking your marks but aren't too keen to give you a tow.

Thats gold, love it, might try it one time

Anchoring up 20 meters away is pretty low on the annoyance scale in the river Kurt :lol:

Dont anchor myself its still in the bag it came in, when they approach me if they look like noobs give them the benefit of doubt and politely tell them why they should go away. Have a zero tolerance policy for boats with bowmounts, stickers, people wearing bright tournament/brand shirts etc. warn them then if they get within casting distance they are fair game :whistle:

Plenty around right now that's for sure. Was fishing in a mates boat off green Island Saturday morning, we were sitting about 15m from a red marker and not 1 but 2 boats within 30mins both cruised between us and the marker. They musn't have seen the 15000km's of water between us and morten. :whistle: .

Plenty around right now that's for sure. Was fishing in a mates boat off green Island Saturday morning, we were sitting about 15m from a red marker and not 1 but 2 boats within 30mins both cruised between us and the marker. They musn't have seen the 15000km's of water between us and morten. :whistle: .

yep good old weekend worriors

Archived