has anyone launched their boat hear

madmullet

i was up at double island over the long weekend afew weekends ago and i saw jet skies using this at low tide to get out. now it looks deep enough and it isnt huge swell due to it being semi protected.

has anyone launched hear and gone out the mouth

this is an old image, this is how it looks now shown by art work :silly:

post-8878-144598753698_thumb.jpg

I have seen boats 5m+ launching and anchoring overnight in the lagoon, but never done it myself sorry. I usually camp further north at Inskip Point and launch off the beach into the sink hole, or there is a boat ramo around the corner at Bullock Point.

cool mine is 5.5m so i should be rite. how long ago was this.

A bunch of us headed up there in 2008 and witnessed a "fail" launch that was funny and painful at the same time. The skipper decided to launch on the inside edge of that sandbar (bottom left of pic). He bottomed out before it was off the trailer. Big boat. Stuck for ages. Too heavy to get back on.

Anyway, from what I observed, the place to launch is the outside of that sand bar and head around the top. Didn't see anyone attempt your "root". Like most sand places you will probably need to look and assess where the sand has shifted to when you get there.

Good luck :)

post-564-144598753713_thumb.jpg

A bunch of us headed up there in 2008 and witnessed a "fail" launch that was funny and painful at the same time. The skipper decided to launch on the inside edge of that sandbar (bottom left of pic). He bottomed out before it was off the trailer. Big boat. Stuck for ages. Too heavy to get back on.

Anyway, from what I observed, the place to launch is the outside of that sand bar and head around the top. Didn't see anyone attempt your "root". Like most sand places you will probably need to look and assess where the sand has shifted to when you get there.

Good luck :)

[attachment=46422]Groupflashandwhip1.jpg[/attachment]

I didn't realise the council put a bike rack on the island :P:P:P

Archived