Massive Cod.. Real or Fake?

Milan

Real or Fake  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Fake

• Real
    • Fake

I'D definitely say real.

Once saw a photo of a grouper that washed up on the beach near mackay. fisheries were contacted and they examined the beast. It had died of canutral causes (old age) and weighed in at over 300Kg and 8ft long.

Christ knows how you would ever get the thing off the bottom though. Looks like they brought it up on wire and a winch

That looks real. I have caught big cod back in Fiji.

I have this photo of my friends dad caught this a few months back on his boat. Dont know weight.

post-9281-144598828954_thumb.png

I saw this caught at one of my crabbing spots. Guys were fishing for sharks when they got it. We saw the fish after they filleted it.

post-9281-144598828965_thumb.jpg

post-9281-144598828972_thumb.jpg

Shane

I believe it's real, the angle of the camera makes it looks a lot bigger with the fish close to the bottom edge none the less you can see by it's length it's a horse !!

Check this vid out from Carter (around the 1 minute mark) these are tame ones that are being fed so imagine what monsters lurk out there

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzRtss9vDSM

def real, this is one of my groper i have caught, est 300+ look at the size of the lips

[attachment=53304]stuff155.jpg[/attachment]

It's Real.

Looks like the one I use to catch at Roslyn Bay :woohoo: Same big lips :whistle:

Then there are the ones at Thompsons Point or under the wharf at Port Alma.

Fake. Yes they do grow huge. No, the fin in the photo has too 'harder' edge and the line and hook look wrong, esp the bottom of the leader = photoshop. Shadow of the fin is wrong to.

Had my own doubts about the hook and leader too, it just doesn't look right.... I'm glad someone else was man enough to say it though :P haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived