double island/inskip point sharking

madmullet

heading up to double island on the 4/1/13 - 6/1/13 to chase shark land based and to relax. i will be taking the jet ski up to run the baits through the surf.

if you are keen to join us, we will be heading up Friday arvo/night and come back Sunday arvo.

if you decide to come i can show you how to rig different baits and how to make different shark traces and how to set them in the surf so they dont move.

i have i have a guy flying up from Adelaida to learn how to shark fish and will also have 6-10 other people with us.

wife and kids are most welcome, but unfortunately you will need a 4wd or all wheel drive to access the beach. you also will need camping permits and beach permits as well

all info you should find hear
/>http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/visitor-summary.html

if i get enough interest in this i will, i will make it into a social

the team from k.n.r.b. team madmullet is planing a shark social in the near future and will have over $300 worth of prizes to give out. the social will be held at bribie island late january Earlie febuary proper details to come very soon.

Hey mate, I'm up at rainbow beach from the 3rd of December til the 9th with some mates. I will be fishing at inskip and a little at tin can. Im starting to get into my sharking so I'd definitely come have a look and learn a heap from the pros! :cheer:

Just checking but you're up there on the 3rd-9th of DECEMBER but this trip is on the 4th, 5th, & 6th JANUARY. Just sounds like you may have mixed up your dates.

If my clutch is sorted by then I'll be up there, happy to run the baits out for you on the ski or my surfboard Kurt, I know your worried about the Karma youve racked up with the sharks in queensland :P

There'd definitely be a few sharks out there with some pretty big grudges against Kurt :lol:

When booking a permit I have found that you need to book a certain area and then a particular location within that area.

If the weather is good we will set up on the main beach but if it's a bit rough we will set up at Inskip Point. The problem is that these are in different areas. The main beach being part of the Cooloola Recreational Area and Inskip Point being part of the Inskip Peninsula Recreational Area.

Has anyone else found this?

Can you book a permit for the combined areas?

Not really sure what to do.

I told ParksQ my issue and asked if there was a way I could get a permit for the whole area or if there was any other way around it and this is their reply:

Hi Joshua

You have to chose a site unfortunately. The only thing you can do is to keep your eye on capacity – generally speaking these areas book out fairly quickly. And book as close to the date as you can.

Cheers, Donna

Donna McArthur

Principal Project Officer

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service

Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing

• 2 weeks later...
Michele and I are in. ;) Has anyone booked yet? We need to get on to it asap

As I mentioned a few posts back, you have to book a specific camping ground.

As we won't know where we'll be setting up until we get the forecast for that weekend, we'll just have to hold off.

You can see the availability for all the camping grounds on ParksQ. There's still heaps at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived