Redcliffe Area

LONHRO23

A fair few good spots up that way. I like fishing between deep water bend and the houghton highway bridge (hornibrook bridge) on the pine river. Some good land based spots around that area too for flathead and bream.

The canals around scarborough can produce some good bream as well as other species.

So basically there are heaps of good places near redcliffe that will keep you busy for a while!

Sam

Go get get your self a 2-4kg combo (bcf have these for about 100bucks) fill it with 6lb line and for bait go see the guys at carseldine for FRESH worms and prawns and try the local jetties at night casting into the edges of the light pools, or thry the hornybrooke flats on a incoming tide for flathead bream and whiting

Here are a few.

If you walk around the beach in Hays inlet you can catch whiting and bream. Remember that after the S*** shute about a 100 meters or so is where the no fishing area begins.

Under the new bridge is good for Bream (Redcliffe end)

At Margate there is a boat ramp, facing the sea to the left is good for Bream on Dusk. If you can get out near the markers it will help.

Scarborough along the rock wall near the Marina might get some flathead.

Cheers and welcome.

Do you have any gear at all or still trying to figure out what you need?

If you already have gear, let us know what it is that you've got and we can point you in a direction to use it.

If you don't have any gear, send me a pm when you are keen to go fishing and (if I can) we'll go fishing and you can use some of mine.

I'm in Bracken Ridge, so I fish around Redcliffe regularly.

good question and thanks for the answers - some good info!

what boat ramps do you use? As I'm new to the area as well and live in Petrie, I have found the Dohles Rock boat ramp - does that ramp access the areas mentioned?

Thanks

If your a beginner boater like me, I find the dohles rocks ramp a pain in the back side! Its pretty exposed and can be a nightmare to get out on the water (like i discovered). I now use the Deep Water Bend boat ramp just upstream. It has a pontoon and its wayyyy easier to launch the boat :cheer:

Archived