Colleges Crossing Reopened

Gad

Took my wife two sons and a nephew out there Thursday . We took the whole fleet out in the trailer(16ft Coleman canoe , my mini x, eldest sons sport 8 and the little blokes take as well. No fishing done just had a great time paddling and swimming and had lunch while there also. I was excited for the boys to be able to get somewhere relatively safe to learn how to use there kayaks back. But was gutted to find no trailer parking . I did manage to find a spot to park however it would probably have gotten me a fine or a warning of anyone of priority was about. Bit hard for me to fit that lot all on the rav4.

I did notice on the kiosk side of the roundabout at the top of the ramp there is an area with a lockrail leading into a grassed area maybe a future trailer parking area. Only solution for now will be take trailer off and put in second carpark with locks on but this may upset some others trying to find a parking spot.

post-7578-144598897121_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598897131_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598897141_thumb.jpg

post-7578-14459889715_thumb.jpg

Got a reply from council here it is.

Thank you for contacting Ipswich City Council.

Colleges Crossing is currently open for passive recreation and use but due to the damage sustained during the January 2011 floods there is currently no infrastructure at this park therefore at this time car and trailer parking is unavailable.

After consultation with our Compliance Officers, people using the boat ramp are permitted to use car parking spaces for car and trailer parking without repercussion.

If you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact council on 07 3810 6666 during business hours (8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday) or email: council@ipswich.qld.gov.au.

Regards

Mary Keevers | Contact Centre Operator

Strategic Client Branch

Finance and Corporate Services Department

Ipswich City Council

PO Box 191 Ipswich Qld 4305

I have responded and askjed if they plan to provide trailker parking in the future.

Cheers

Ray

I honestly can't see where they will provide trailer parking in the future within any sort of reasonable distance to the ramp, I was there launching the yak a couple of weeks ago and parking spaces near the ramp are down significantly on how many there used to be, and with a roundabout now at the top of the ramp it basically leaves nowhere to park near the ramp to unload your gear/kayak when it is busy.

yeah rite does that mean you can park you cark and block the road with the trailer :huh:

quote[ After consultation with our Compliance Officers,people using the boat ramp are permitted to use car parking spaces for car and trailer parking without repercussion] end quote

that`s what it says :P

off to the left of the roundabout is a gated entrance but this seems to be for access for the slasher/ride-on, there is very little thought put into trailer parking here sad to say and I think it will cause tensions, considering that a lot of water trucks use the boat ramp to refill their tanks.

Archived