Break Braid Tool

Gad

The Break Braid tool is designed as a safe and easy way to save your braided line when snagged. This tool makes breaking braid a breeze and allows you to get back fishing sooner.

Simply wrap the tool around the line several times, and with one sharp pull the braid is broken and you’re free to rig up again and start fishing. The makers say when you go to break braid with this special tool you’ll often pull the lure off the snag, or just snap the snag off and bring it in with your lure.

More info: www.breakbraidtool.com.au

What a surprise to see an old familiar face on the video.

The owner of Balista lures is James who is selling these tools on his web site. We fished together a couple of times testing and tuning some proto type cod lures in Lake Mulwala.

A long story short my only claim to fame is supplying my boat fishing gear to do a promotion shot with Merv Hughes for a Boat show a few years back. If you want to have a look, go to the Ballista TV tab on the site, I'm the silly extra on the boat driving and trying to stay out of the camera shot.

With the price of braid and losing 10m+ at a time it would probably pay for itself if trolling.

Most of my lure fishing is casting and I get heaps of snags. If you don't pull the hooks into the snag most come off without going into the snag to retrieve. The very few that get stuck you can retrieve by going back over the opposite direction you cast or a lure retriever under 4m depth.

I find it a lot harder when trolling though especially when travelling with the current. If you get snagged deep then the current hinders the lure floating back up if you do get it loose. Also the don't always have the reaction time when trolling to jump the snags like when your casting and concentrating.

Archived