looking for good land based spots south of brisbane

Hunty2357

Hey guys and girls new to the forum.

I have recently just got back into fishing and have moved from outback nsw to brisbane, i am living near logan and my wife and i dont own a boat so we were looking for some spots south of brisbane to go fishing and some advice and tips on how to catch a fish or two that are legal limit.

We have tried deep water bend when we lived on the north side with prawns and caught one bream and one flathead along with two muddies in the past 12 months. We would love to get out on a boat or go wet a line with people who know what they are doing and can help us become better anglers so i can show my son some real fish.

Any advice, tips or trip offer would be greatly appreciated.

Mate it is somewhere I have only just started to explore but google map the Coomera area and sorrounds.

There is tonnes of land based access to sweet rocks walls and canals that can provide some really good fishing opportunities.

Try poppers and walkers early on for trevs and jacks and move to cranks or plastics for just about anything.

Prob the best land based option close by anyway.

Angus

Hey mate,

Logan River at Alberton has some awesome land based spots. Along that stretch of the river you can get, jewies, jacks, flatties and bream. Jump on google maps, look for the Gem bait and tackle store and follow the road next to it all the way to the river. There is a nice spot you can find along a rock wall with lots of open parking. Google maps will be the key to find the spot.

Welcome to the site mate. Do a search on here for a video Mad Mullet (aka Kurt) put up about a year ago on catching Logan River bullsharks. It was a good video and off a little jetty/landing in the Logan. Also a guy I know through work says he does well fishing off the jetty at Jacobs Well. Good luck!

Archived