My 1st fish on SP's

big al

I am on holidays at the moment so I decided to try some soft plastics at the Brissy river up past kooka park (where Bommie has been getting some flatties) for a couple of hours. I have only really used hard bodies and do alright but havn't seriously tried sp's.

After about 1/2 hour and only getting a few strikes I left bommie and walked downstream 50 metres found a opening amongst the trees but had to cast from up on the bank (about 2 metres above the water level) out over two weed banks into about waist deep water. As soon as the sp hit the bottom bang it was on my first fish on sp, and once that familar head shake I realized it was a flathead.

Now the problem was how to get it over the weed banks and up on the bank without no net and taken my shoes off and getting my feet wet,

so I yelled out to bommie who had already been in the water and he managed to climb down the bank into the shallows and then grab it by the mouth and climb back up Cheers for that. It went about 60-65cm in length by guessing. Anyway here is the photos. [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2075_AFO.jpg

post-1642-144598433237_thumb.jpg

Great first fish on soft plastics. Top stuff

My first fish on SP's was only a Pike:( and I only got it last year:D. But I did manage 50 or so in that one day:woohoo:

Probably why I usually use Hard bodies. My first fish on them was ages ago (7 years+) and was either a Bass or Estaury Cod. Can't remember what came first.

big al wrote:

big al wrote:
maxi wrote:
congrats mate...welcome to the dark side !!!!

nice dark fish there..was the water tannin coloured ??

Thanks, it was brown like at kooka park, it was at half tide running out, the fish was extra fat

this is the water we were fishing only about waist deep in the middle at half tide caught the flattie just on the edge of the second weed bank [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2078_AFO.jpg

Archived