Hey Guys i am going for a camping trip at the tip of Cape Moreton and was wandering if there are any land-based fishing spots for tuna, trevally, Macs, and other large pelagic species. I was going to throw some hardbody lures.  I was thinking that fishing off the rocks was where to go. Am i wasting my time throwing lures off the rocks?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

I imagine the cape has similar types of current and species to the point on straddie (gt, Spanish, kingfish, tuna I have encountered here)

It's a place for heavy gear if you're serious about actually landing the larger fish. I've been dusted on 65lb braid and 100lb leader on 10000 reel and 40-80lb rod multiple times which is a medium game setup. Time for an upgrade in gear; hate leaving lures in fish 

Cape Moreton is great. Check it out in the afternoon and fish it dawn and dusk. Loads of tailor this time of year. 

I have caught, Trevally (Golden, Big Eye and Giant) Bream, Tarwine, Jew, Snapper, Spangled Emperor, Spotted Blubberlips, Drummer there. 

I don't waste much time during the day and just fish late and early. 

Slugs and baits of worms and cungi work well. I haven't caught macks or Tuna from there but I am sure if you did you would do ok especially if you could float some baits out on a Westerly wind.