Best Boat Ramp

Woodsy1

Woodsy1, If you are heading out to the northern end of Morton, why not drive up to Bribie Island and put in at the ramp opposite the Air Sea Rescue there, it's multi lanes and has a pontoon to tie up to in between them, it can take large boats without drama. There are also a few other ramps in the area depending on size of your boat which are also suitable. If the wind is too strong outside then you could also fish the passage. I used to use the Spinniker Marina ramp but over the last couple of years  I now just use the first one I mentioned.

Thanks all for the advice, I ended up going to Scarborough, our plan was to go to Scarborogh on Saturday then the Gold Coast on Sunday. So we left on Saturday about 2.30am and made it about 10klms up the M1 before I had a blow out of 1 of my trailer tyres, so I changed the tyre and decided just to go to the Gold Coast. we headed out to 16nm fad and trolled around for 2 dollies 1 we kept 75cm and a 60cm model that we let go, we trolled around some other areas for nothing else then went home. Left early Sunday morning for Scarborough launched and headed for hutchison shaol. we flicked some plastics around then did some trolling around both flinders and Hutchison Shoal for no luck, we saw plenty of bait and some working birds but just couldn't get anything but had a great swim at the back of flinders and found some nice looking ground that I'm sure I'll be back to and get some fish at. So again thanks everyone Scarborough is a nice ramp.

Woodsy

2 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Thanks all for the advice, I ended up going to Scarborough, our plan was to go to Scarborogh on Saturday then the Gold Coast on Sunday. So we left on Saturday about 2.30am and made it about 10klms up the M1 before I had a blow out of 1 of my trailer tyres, so I changed the tyre and decided just to go to the Gold Coast. we headed out to 16nm fad and trolled around for 2 dollies 1 we kept 75cm and a 60cm model that we let go, we trolled around some other areas for nothing else then went home. Left early Sunday morning for Scarborough launched and headed for hutchison shaol. we flicked some plastics around then did some trolling around both flinders and Hutchison Shoal for no luck, we saw plenty of bait and some working birds but just couldn't get anything but had a great swim at the back of flinders and found some nice looking ground that I'm sure I'll be back to and get some fish at. So again thanks everyone Scarborough is a nice ramp.

Woodsy

Swimming at the back of Flinders! Are you mad?