Project Rods

Sylvathorn

Sorry @Andrew_P, I've been offline for a couple of months. The 15-24kg hasn't sold.
I've built and sold a few Custom builds though, a PE6 T30 8'6" Popping rod, a PE6 T30 7'6" Popping rod, a PE8 T30 7' Jigging rod and a PE2-3 T30 Heavy Spin rod.
I've had good feedback on all but the 8'6" Popping rod (nothing heard from him at all??) I also did some restores including for a bloke that helps run the Bowen Annual Fishing competition, Les, and he has given lots of great feedback.
Nathan, who got the PE2-3 T30 Heavy Spin rod, got a reel from Tackle World Mackay and they saw that rod and have asked for some business cards, which I'm posting today.

Worst thing is that since that first maze pattern, everyone has wanted Maze patterns, so I'm building a couple of rods with other patterns to post and sell in Marketplace.

Also, importantly, I can now ship most of my rods to most , Non-Remote places in Aust for $30 or less. Remote is an issue tho, had a bloke in Cable Beach - the freight would have been $196.
Was there anything specific you wanted to know?

No problem @Sylvathorn welcome back! I think I was asking about your build before I built 2 stickbait rods, a PE 4-6 and a 6-8. I went with SS k guides instead of MN which you see on most production rods of this type. They casted beautifully in mock up just waiting on feedback from customer. 

Would love to know who you are sending rods with for that price!

14 hours ago, mangajack said:

i have a rod drying atm....rework from a spin setup to baitcast spiral wrapped...2nd one i've done this week.

I have a baitcast thing happening again.

Opted for spiral wrap on these two because they will serve a lot of time deep jigging with a BFS baitcaster.

Nice @mangajack! I’m a fan of the spiral wrap. Deep jigging bfs is not a type of fishing I’m experienced in. Is this a freshwater/bass thing? Or will you use it in the deeper holes of the river too? 

7 hours ago, Andrew_P said:

Nice @mangajack! I’m a fan of the spiral wrap. Deep jigging bfs is not a type of fishing I’m experienced in. Is this a freshwater/bass thing? Or will you use it in the deeper holes of the river too? 

Ive been nailing jew to 70cm on it lately...2.5" zman curl tail grubs on 3/8 ounce jighead. Squire to 60cm are easily tamed on the BFS too.....it holds 120m of 8lb braid.

I normally use 15lb braid and 20lb leader, now 8lb braid and 10lb leader.....and twice as fast to drop and much more sensitive.

On 17/07/2024 at 3:10 PM, Andrew_P said:

No problem @Sylvathorn welcome back! I think I was asking about your build before I built 2 stickbait rods, a PE 4-6 and a 6-8. I went with SS k guides instead of MN which you see on most production rods of this type. They casted beautifully in mock up just waiting on feedback from customer. 

Would love to know who you are sending rods with for that price!

@Andrew_P I set up an account with Aramex and keep the length at 195cm or under and the weight under 5kg - just tested it , 195 cm by 10cm by 10cm at 4.9kd gave me a cost of $31.94

1 hour ago, mangajack said:

Ive been nailing jew to 70cm on it lately...2.5" zman curl tail grubs on 3/8 ounce jighead. Squire to 60cm are easily tamed on the BFS too.....it holds 120m of 8lb braid.

I normally use 15lb braid and 20lb leader, now 8lb braid and 10lb leader.....and twice as fast to drop and much more sensitive.

I have been thinking about getting a BFS setup for a while now @mangajack, what reel have you been running out of interest?

10 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I have been thinking about getting a BFS setup for a while now @mangajack, what reel have you been running out of interest?

I bought a cheap Aliexpress reel just for the hell of it to see how it lasted.....3 months in the salt so far, about a dozen jew to 70cm and about the same squire to 50cm plus the hoardes of bream and some decent flatties....

Kingdom Micro Monster Baitcasting Reel Carbon Fiber Ultralight 7.1:1 8.1:1 Gear Ratio 8+1 BB Fishing Reels Accessories Tackle - AliExpress 18

So far it is really surprising me....i expect the salt will get the better of it eventually...

I have some bearings that will fit, and give the magnets an inox spray about every month.