Could Someone Give me Advice on Best Fishing Spots and Techniques for Snapper in Brisbane Area?

tysonzachh

Hello there,

I am relatively new to the Brisbane area and have recently taken up fishing as a hobby. I have always loved the idea of spending time out on the water and bringing home a good catch; and now I am finally getting into it. After doing some research; I have developed a keen interest in targeting snapper. From what I have read; they seem to be quite a popular and challenging species to catch; which makes the pursuit even more exciting for me.

Although; as a newbie; I am still figuring out the ropes and could really use some advice from the experienced anglers in this community.

Can anyone recommend some good spots around Brisbane where snapper are known to frequent? I have heard Moreton Bay is a good location, but I would appreciate more specific spots within the bay or any other areas that might be worth exploring.

What are the most effective techniques for catching snapper in these waters?🤔 Any particular bait or lures that work best? Also, what type of gear should I be using? I've got a basic setup right now, but I am willing to invest in better equipment if it will make a significant difference.

Are there specific times of the year; tide conditions; or weather patterns that are more favorable for snapper fishing? I am still trying to understand how these factors impact fishing success.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/topic/53892-nice-brisbane-river-snapper-devops/ Lastly; are there any local regulations or conservation guidelines I should be aware of when fishing for snapper? I want to make sure I'm following all rules and doing my part to protect the fish population.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.😀