ausfish

In this case I think you can place 95% of the blame on Steve Brown.....he set the dogs loose and gutted the forum overnight about 6 years back...plus another 6 years earlier he tried to enforce paid membership....since then it has been a cauldron of angst and a political divergence from fishing.

There are a couple of good sites about these days, nothing like what it was like in the 90's though.

• 4 weeks later...

What amazes me is how many people ask for ID's or rules on FB and how many completely ridiculous and incorrect answers there are.....asking the fools or uneducated for an education never ends well and lowers the general IQ of the population.

Getting a dozen different answers for an ID question and maybe 1 or two are actually correct is no way to learn anything...you have no way of deciding which is correct unless you go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Huxstang said:

I am with Rebel.   Social media generally is doing more damage to society than it could possibly be considered good.  Youth suicide spiraling because of bullying online, youth crime promoted through it, misinformation on politics, climate, energy.  You name it.

Not singling out FB either, they are all worth less than the value they return.  

Only thing I like is Youtube which has old movies 😇

You nailed it....mis-information on energy....what is renewable about solar electricity generation?

Think about it....really think about it. Electricity is only ever used once. Solar does not in any way renew electricity, it converts solar energy into electricity and we harvest it...we do not renew it at all ever in any way.

So much absolute **** out there the public adopt because it is somehow fitting the agenda of today, no matter if it is a complete lie like this or some white mis-truth.

To be honest if nobody had mobiles and an online presence there would be far less bullying because people would actually learn to talk face to face and not be as "offended" and suicidal.

These days a public gathering is 200 mobile phones and their users at one place...they talk to their phones. Have a look at the groups on Maccas next time.

Society is suffering with the lack of face to face actual conversations and it is degrading more every single day.

Our extended family have adopted no mobile phones at any of our get togethers....holy ****, they are actually learning about each other. I am ashamed that we had to make that rule.

• 3 weeks later...