Best time of the year to fish the Fitzroy for big barra?

mangajack
Go to solution Solved by Neil Stratford,

If you follow Youtubers I would say take a look at Silvester’s Saltwater.   He just (as in last 15 minutes) released a new video.  Fishing mouth of Fitzroy.  His name is Dean Silvester and is a tournament fisher and guide.  Based on his video he was fishing just through the current new moon peak bit period - so in the last week I reckon.  Other tubers have been fishing up near the bridge in the past month/6 weeks.   All of them are livescoping,

4 hours ago, Huxstang said:

If you follow Youtubers I would say take a look at Silvester’s Saltwater.   He just (as in last 15 minutes) released a new video.  Fishing mouth of Fitzroy.  His name is Dean Silvester and is a tournament fisher and guide.  Based on his video he was fishing just through the current new moon peak bit period - so in the last week I reckon.  Other tubers have been fishing up near the bridge in the past month/6 weeks.   All of them are livescoping,

I have been following Dean for a long time....also following Pelagic Pursuit who did a couple of shows a few weeks ago....he said this is old footage and said it is not current....leaving the peak time in question. Matt was in his new tinny placing it after late January this year.

Dean is fishing emerald for big barra for the past 8 weeks until last week where he dropped down for some goodoo, then the rocky vid.

The Fitzroy barra bash is in October each year.

Corey and Aaron both release videos months after thier captures in the system....Corey released a vid in february....Aaron in November...funnily enough they both were in the backgrounds of each others videos....

Seems there is a lot of diversion to keep the peaks secret there.....

8 hours ago, mangajack said:

I have been following Dean for a long time....also following Pelagic Pursuit who did a couple of shows a few weeks ago....he said this is old footage and said it is not current....leaving the peak time in question. Matt was in his new tinny placing it after late January this year.

Dean is fishing emerald for big barra for the past 8 weeks until last week where he dropped down for some goodoo, then the rocky vid.

The Fitzroy barra bash is in October each year.

Corey and Aaron both release videos months after thier captures in the system....Corey released a vid in february....Aaron in November...funnily enough they both were in the backgrounds of each others videos....

Seems there is a lot of diversion to keep the peaks secret there.....

Yet if you lived in Rocky all you would need to do is look over the bridge and see the boats with livescope fishing and know when they are on!

I guess it has to be in the open season so Feb to November 🙂

However to be more helpful, I like Greg Vinall podcasts, so had a look on his site.  This might help.https://doclures.com/fitzroy-river-barramundi-john-haenke/