Nth Straddie Trip

Jjay

Hi Team,

Heading over to Nth Stradbroke in a week and was hoping to get some feedback from those who’s fished there during winter. 

I’ve found some great info when searching the forum but majority of info was during the peak spring and summer months.

I’ve highlighted a few spots to cast lures such as Deadman’s, Amity Pt and Razor Back but with family/kids cutting into my fishing time 🤫 I won’t have a lot of time searching the island for the usual “summer period” locations that might not hold fish during winter.

Not looking for any secret spots, just a guide in a rough area.

I’II be mainly casting lures and hoping to get some snapper or bream for a feed. I’ll have all my gear from UL, light, medium, heavy, with rods and reels to match. 

My ultimate would be to land a tuna or Spanish but just a dream at this stage. Also happy to get the bread and butter species with the kids if they’re available……

Unfortunately I won’t be bringing my boat or yak, so will be landbased.

Thanks in advance & tight lines!

Cheers🍻

Few guy have been going spanish and longies on livies of amity point, the rockwall, so thats probably your best bet if you want on however theyve slowed down alot of not very common as of lately. Would advise a 3-4inch on your medium setup for flathead, tailor and maybe squire. Wouldnt be surprised if you threw cranka crabs or crab lures for bream on the reefy/rocky bits for bream but got parrot fish and small tuskies, but find any structure and youll be in for a good run for bream lol. 

I would just be looking for structure, current lines and convergences and dirty water.....Definitely pay extra attention to isolated dirty water patches.

The reality is there is a lot of variety around Straddie even landbased during winter.

The headland or somewhere at Amity if you want a spanish I think, Amity or Dunwich for a tuna.....being wind dependent tuna can float in and out of an aera very quickly as the wind changes.