I Want Advice for Outdoor Adventure Destinations in Australia

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in fishing spots. I did also love to hear about other outdoor activities and scenic locations that you might recommend.

Do you recommend any fishing areas that are lesser recognized or hidden gems; Both freshwater and saltwater environments appeal to me.I am excited to try out outdoor pursuits like hiking, kayaking, and camping. Please post any trails, rivers or camping spots that are your favorites.I want to see stunning views and distinctive sceneries. 😇

Also, I have gone through this post; https://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/topic/20856-land-based-shark-fishing-spotsfmc-developer-salary  witch is good.  lastly Where in Australia can I find such natural beauty, be it a calm lake, mountain range or coastline view? I want to hearing your suggestions and stories.

Thank you in advance for help🙂

How far do you want to travel??

At least 75% of the east coast is as you just described......

If you don't mind a LOT of travel there are tens of thousands of breath taking places to explore and fish.

Where will you be based?

FWIW as an indicator Brisbane to Sydney is a 16 hour drive non stop, Brisbane to Cairns is 19 hours non stop driving. Brisbane to Darwin is a 4 day drive for most people that are keen....Brisbane to Perth is 5 to 6 days solid driving.

On 27/07/2024 at 7:53 AM, Huxstang said:

Severn River, downstream of Pindari Dam, Ashford, New South Wales.

A tasty beer when flicking a few lures doesnt get any better.

Definitely Murray Cod in the river, not that I managed to raise a bite.

IMG_3821.jpeg

Is the Severn boatable in this area? Looking for a murray cod river to explore with about 5 days in mind camping on the boat.

I have been looking at the Murray, Murrumbidgee and Darling rivers mainly but the Severn tweaks my interest too.