Brisbane River Session #316, #317, #318, and #319.

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hi all,

I've been for four quick sessions in recent days that haven't been too good. First one was at Bulimba, where I arrived a bit before sunrise armed with some garfish. First cast of the net I got a large mullet but no livies around so I sent out some cut baits. I caught many catfish on the gars, as expected (I have found big catties love gar), but as I was pulling in one of my lines I felt like the fish was a bit better. A run later I had a nice 70cm or so flatty jettyside - I opted for the quick release before lifting it up with no photo 🤣

For the remainder of the day a few of my mates came down and we cooked up some snags for lunch. A grunter, eel, and a few more catties graced us with their presence but with only a few herring caught on bait jigs which were converted into nothing I didn't feel optimistic about catching anything big. Headed off a bit before 2PM with no more fish.

Stats:

Tide: 8AM, .6M, Low, 3:00PM, 2.3M, High

Moon Phase: 60%

Bait Caught/Used: Live herring, garfish, mullet

Fish Caught: Catfish, flathead, eel, grunter

Air Pressure: 1016

Humidity: 69%

Overall Success Rate: 50% - a few bites. 

The next two sessions were bass sessions with @charlie.hans.fishing at Shines Road Kayak launch, one late arvo and one mid morning. Despite the fact we did about a million casts with surface lures and spinnerbaits, there were no bass to be seen and I think we both lost $ in snagged lures. Oh well, next time. 

Stats:

Air Pressure: 1013-1014 

Humidity: 50-65%

Overall Success Rate: 10%

The final session was the other day at Brett's Wharf - I arrived before sunup and struggled to catch livies but eventually a few mates pulled up and the day started looking a bit more promising. Plenty of bream kept us busy (I think we ended up with 8 in total) and my mates pulled in a few herring on bait jigs which were used with no luck. I also caught a couple in the net which were just picked away, I'm assuming by bream. The main highlight of the day was hooking up to a (I believe) very large shovelnose shark on my heavy Daiwa Free Swimmer 10K and Abu Garcia Veritas 10-15Kg 10 foot rod on a live butter bream. It took two very long runs (around 50-100m each) which was a lot of fun to hand the rod around between mates. Unfortunately, after 10 mins or so of fighting, it got the best of us and ran into the pylons, snapping the leader off only 60cm or so from it's mouth. We headed off a bit before 2 again feeling quite defeated by the fishing. 

Tide: 7:00AM, 1.8M, High, 1PM, .7M, Low. 

Moon Phase: 29%

Bait Used: Garfish, a few livies to no avail

Fish Caught: Bream x 8

Air Pressure: 1008

Humidity: 85%

Overall Success Rate: 50% - a few nibbles

Cheers Hamish