Rod Ripped From Guru's Hands !!

ellicat

Hatched a plan last week to have a fish with the snapper guru ( @Allnighter ) today. A 3.30 alarm stirred me and we launched from Viccy Point. A brisk ride to the spot where we gathered some bait then deployed the rods.

Not long after my rod went off, but it spat the hook. Not a monster but mid forties I reckon, so a feed gone missing. Then I got one mid to high forties that found it's way to the esky after a gentle neck slashing.

Darren was next up with a better model about 60cm, but we forgot to take a pic for the comp. We also forgot on the next one that Darren caught. That was the biggest. Mid 60's Darren ?

There were a few lost opportunities, with one or two reefings, but we still managed to have a few laughs.

Towards the end of the day, Darren was cutting up a tailor that had graced us with its presence. He didn't wash his hands straight away and his drag started screaming off. This had to be the 80 we were after. He pulled the rod from the holder and lifted it up as it had another spurt of speed. Darren lost his grip on the rod and as quick as a blink his rod was disappearing into the Bay's waters.

It was hilarious but devastating at the same time. We couldn't believe it. We both agreed we desperately wanted to see the fish that stole his rod. It may well have been a shark, which is how Darren is consoling himself, but we'll never for sure.

After that, it was time to go, as the super calm conditions with no breeze was making things uncomfortable. Back to the ramp about 9.30.

Thanks for asking me along for a morning of fish and laughter, mate. Looking forward to our next catchup.

Hahahaaaaaa 🤣

Yep.... couldnt believe it.... not only the big one that got away, but took my whole rod and reel combo with it 🙄. It was a mistake you would expect a 7 year old child to make... 🥵. Back to Kmart to grab another $40 combo 🙂.

The big one literally ripped the rod from my grasp... i tried to excuse my foolishness by explaining to Brian that my hands were slippery from the herring and tailor i had just cut up. But Brian new better, i dont think i fooled him at all, these 5am early starts still had the sweet scent of baby oil and "moisturiser" on my hands from home 😇 🤣

Thanks for a good quick session Brian, laughs a plenty as usual with you, you are always great company mate, and we learnt a little more at this "new to us" spot, and got a feed too 👍