harrys friday 7-3-08

big al

heading out to harrys for first time leaving manly ramp 5.30am hope to catch something whats there all you old folk might give me some info -what bait or plastics lures or what ever im in a4.8 fisher centre console so if your out there give us a wave or show me the spots: :laugh:

big al wrote:

heading out to harrys for first time leaving manly ramp 5.30am hope to catch something whats there all you old folk might give me some info -what bait or plastics lures or what ever im in a4.8 fisher centre console so if your out there give us a wave or show me the spots: :laugh:

I've only fished there twice, but done OK. I was using a snelled rig with #6 mustard hooks on 30 or 50lb leader and 30lb braid main line. I was using Squid and Pilly's as bait.

Just to have some fun I used a lite set up (6lb braid 8lb leader) with SP's and got smoked a few times, but also boated a nice squire. I was using 1/4 jig head with 5" nuke chook minnow.

Take a heavy 100lb hand line and have a go at the BIG Cod there. Great fun but they'll take a heap of gear from your 30lb set up. I was getting smoked every 15-20 minutes by the monsters. I havn't tried the hand line idea "YET" but I'm going to;)

I'll bump the report I done on my last trip if you like??

Have fun with them mate, I will be as soon as I can get back out there:woohoo:

Jayson

Archived